RARE SPLENDORS OF NAMIBIA
BJ Adventures, Inc. will work with you to set up your personalized, tailored Namibia safari for any time of the year and the length of time you wish.
- Namibia is one of the safest and most tourist-friendly countries in Africa
- Outstanding local guides along with tour experts John Pitts and Kirt Kempter
- Visit the spectacular Namib Desert, considered the oldest desert in the world
- Embark on safari game drives to see elephant, zebra, lion and gemsbok
- View the "White Lady of the Brandberg" pictograph
- Observe several ancient petroglyph sites, including Twyfelfontain UNESCO site
- Enjoy personal interactions with the Bushmen and Himba peoples
- Explore unique geologic formations in the central coastal region
- Interact with cheetahs at the Cheetah Conservation Fund center
Namibia is a vast country, even by African standards, covering an area approximately four times the size of the United Kingdom but with a population of 2 million - one of the lowest densities in the world. It is also an 'ageless land’; created by stone-age artists and geological attractions such as the Organ Pipes and the Erongo Mountains. Added to the space and silence, these all contribute to a feeling of antiquity, solitude and wilderness. The climate is typical of a semi-desert country. Days are warm to hot and nights are generally cool. Temperatures are modified by the high plateau in the interior and by the cold Benguela Current that runs along the Atlantic coastline. Except for the first few months of the year, the country is generally dry with very little rain.