Botswana Tented Mobile Safari
Including Bodumatau & Xaxanaka Areas of the Moremi Game Reserve
August 5 - 12, 2019
$6,990 Per Person, Sharing; $990 Single Supplement
Based on a minimum of 4 participants or a surcharge will apply
- Spend six nights on a tented mobile safari in Botswana's wildlife-rich Moremi Game Reserve, where your days will be spent on bush game drives looking for antelope, buffalo, elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion and other cats, hippo and extraordinary birdlife.
- Evenings offer gourmet meals, South African wines and fellowship around the campfire.
- One overnight included in Johannesburg near the airport, upon arrival.
Optional and customized add-ons for Johannesburg, Cape Town, the Okavango Delta or Victoria Falls available upon request
Botswana Tented Mobile Safari
Including the Okavango Delta & Victoria Falls, Zambia
September 1 - 15, 2019
*$14,860 Per Person, Sharing; $3,540 Single Supplement
Based on 6 participants or a surcharge will apply
*Price is approximate because 2019 pricing is not yet available
- Spend six nights, in two locations, on a tented mobile safari in Botswana's wildlife-rich Moremi Game Reserve, where your days will be spent on bush game drives looking for antelope, buffalo, elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion and other cats, hippo and extraordinary birdlife. Evenings offer gourmet meals, South African wines and fellowship around the campfire.
- Journey deep into Africa's untouched interior of the Okavango Delta - the "Jewel of the Kalahari" - traversing the meandering palm and papyrus fringed waterways of the largest intact inland delta in the world. Spend two nights Xigera Camp, where you will have a full day to enjoy this water paradise, explore the crystal-clear waterways by mokoro, and experience the magnificent variety of animal and birdlife found in the area. Perhaps even try your hand at fishing for bream and tiger fish.
- Enjoy three nights at at the exquisite Tongabezi Lodge, located on the edge of the Upper Zambezi River in Livingstone, Zambia. In addition to visiting the mighty Victoria Falls, you can indulge in activities such as elephant back safaris, white water rafting, micro flights over the falls, bungee jumping, and a host of other adrenaline-producing activities. Or just relax in the beautiful African surroundings.
- End your trip in Johannesburg for one night, where the shopping is first rate - including buying diamonds or tanzanites. Spend a morning at a cheetah preserve helping to feed and care for the animals, or just read a book by the pool before the flight back home.
- Option before or after the safari, to spend a bit more time in Johannesburg to explore the contemporary art scene, or extend the trip in beautiful Cape Town.
Cape Town Add-On
You have the opportunity to add on a Cape Town extension before or after your safari
- Explore South Africa's "Mother City" - Cape Town - where you can take a cable car to the top of Table Mountain and drive to the Cape of Good Hope.
- Relish some of South Africa's wonderful wines and beautiful vineyards.
- Perhaps even go whale watching or shark cage diving.
BJ Adventures, Inc. can also work with you to set up your personalized, tailored safari for any time of the year and the length of time you wish...this can be either a tented bush safari similar to the one above, or it can be a safari to permanent camps in any of the game-rich Southern African countries.
For more information please contact:
Banner photo © Janet Newport
Gallery photos © Marco DeVito, Don Duncan, Jerry McPhee, Marc Romanelli, Janet Newport, Betsy Younkins, Ahdina Zunkel, Jean Zunkel